Position vacant: National Funds Development Manager
The National Funds Development Manager will play a leading role in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ANTaR’s funds development strategy - ensuring the sustainability of the organisation through the development and expansion of multiple income streams.
The position requires the ability to work in a small and growing organisation in a dynamic and innovative manner to help drive new strategies and initiatives related to funds acquisition and supporter development.
1.1 Play a leading role in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a funds development strategy
1.2 Ensure marketing of the organisation so that it maximises income generation, over both the short and longer term (within the parameters of the agreed strategic framework), and so that it delivers measurable and effective outcomes against KPIs
1.3 Ensure the effective planning, monitoring, analysis and evaluation of supporter acquisition/development strategies
1.4 Responsible for creating, developing and steering donor and supporter journeys
1.5 Ensure data and trend analysis is collected to better understand donor giving habits, life time value and projected income trends, and use this analysis to guide future strategies
1.6 Meet or exceed agreed income targets from regular donors, major donors, appeals, grants, corporate donors and through bequests
1.7 Contribute to the budget setting and forecasting in relation to current and future supporters
1.8 Research and produce profiles on individuals and non-corporate trusts and foundations to better identify and target significant high level gift prospects
1.9 Contribute to the development of systems and infrastructure for improved supporter and donor engagement, including website, data bases, social media and third party fundraising
1.10 Maintain ongoing contact with current and prospective major donors, corporates and trusts through telephoning, letters and email and visits
1.11 Organise and host targeted meetings, events and functions as appropriate to foster agency commitment from current and potential major donors, corporate donors and trusts
1.12 Develop and implement a bequest program
1.13 Maintain accurate records of major donor activities in a timely manner
1.14 Manage the ANTaR merchandise program
1.15 Identify and manage volunteers for fundraising activities.
2.Knowledge and experience
2.1 Demonstrated understanding of, and proven success in fundraising/marketing practices, techniques and trends including from high net worth individuals, trust and foundations
2.2 Experience in the acquisition, upgrade, retention & reactivation of donors
2.3 Experience in developing and managing corporate partnerships
2.4 Experience in the development, management and evaluation of direct marketing appeals and integrated marketing and communications strategies
2.5 Demonstrated success in attracting significant level donations from individuals and organisations, and in securing grants
2.6 Experience in finance administration and budget management
2.7 Demonstrated high level written, verbal and electronic communications skills capable of inspiring others, building trust and persuading them to commit to a cause
2.8 Knowledge of fundraising in a not-for-profit organisation, and relevant fundraising legislation and licencing throughout Australia.
3.Skills and personal attributes
3.1 Skills are required in the following areas:
· Excellent interpersonal, public speaking and networking skills
· Attention to detail
· Record management skills
· Planning and evaluation skills
· Marketing skills – to develop commercially viable business products
· Advanced communication skills (written and verbal), creativity and innovation
· Negotiation skills and ability to think on feet
· Financial numeracy, including budgeting and financial management
· Highly organized with good time management skills.
· High levels of computer literacy
3.2 Personal Attributes
· A commitment to social justice and addressing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander disadvantage
· Enthusiastic, confident, motivated and persuasive
· Capable of interacting with a wide range of people
· Well presented
· Ability to rapidly assess situations and shape propositions
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, and to work cross culturally
· Ability to work well under pressure both autonomously and as part of a team
· Attention to detail
· Results focused
· Availability to work flexible hours when required
1. Demonstrable experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of funds development strategies and in marketing of organisations
2. Demonstrated understanding of, and proven success in, fundraising and marketing practices, techniques and trends including from regular donors, high net worth individuals, trusts and foundations.
3. Demonstrable high level knowledge of approaches, systems and infrastructure supporting supporter and donor engagement, including website, data bases, social media and third party fundraising
4. Experience in the acquisition, upgrade, retention & reactivation of donors and in developing and managing corporate partnerships
5. Experience in the development, management and evaluation of direct marketing appeals and integrated marketing and communications strategies
6. Demonstrated success in attracting significant level donations from individuals and organisations, and in securing grants
7. Knowledge of fundraising in a not-for-profit organisation, and relevant fundraising legislation and licencing throughout Australia.
8. Knowledge of issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in contemporary Australian society and commitment to social justice.
Reporting to the National Director, the position will be responsible monitoring and administering the funds development budget component of the organisational budget.
The position will be responsible for meeting budgeted income targets for fundraising.
Pro rata (0.8FTE) of full time salary, super, and leave loading package of $78,501.
7. Application detailsAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. This is a 4 day per week position, fixed term (12month) contract with extension based on meeting income targets. ANTaR’s Strategic Plan may be obtained on line at www.antar.org.au or email Andrew Meehan for further information about this position: email@example.com phone: 02 92126008 Applications should address the selection criteria and be sent to ANTaR National Director Andrew Meehan via the above email, by Monday 21 July 2014 COB. Shortlisted candidates will be required for an interview on Monday 28 July 2014. The position is based in Sydney.